1) How do I apply for the Richard Metzler Scholarship?
Download the application here or fill out an electronic version here.
2) Who is eligible to apply?
Any student who is matriculated in a graduate program, either in the U.S. or abroad, before the end of the first quarter of 2014.
3) When is the deadline for submitting applications?
We will accept applications until January 24th, 2014.
4) What is needed for a complete application?
The requirements are as follows:
- A completed application form
- Three essays: Any essays that do not meet our word count requirements will result in the application being disqualified.
- Recommendation letter(s) (a maximum of 2)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A verification of enrollment (a letter of acceptance is not sufficient)
- Transcripts from all secondary institutions
5) What document will satisfy the verification of enrollment requirement?
We require an official (signed and/or stamped) document from the graduate program. This can include an academic transcript, an I-20 form, a letter from a student affairs coordinator or academic adviser, or a document from the Registrar or Admissions Office that simply states that a student is matriculated in their graduate program.
6) How much is the scholarship prize?
The prize is a total of $5,000. The total prize may be awarded to one student, or may be divided among as many as three students, at the discretion of the judges.
if you have any additional questions.