FAQ for Richard Metzler Scholarship
1) Who is this scholarship for?
The Richard Metzler scholarship, offered by the Foundation for Excellence in Management Consulting (FEMC), is intended to support and celebrate undergraduate and graduate students who exemplify a commitment to the management consulting profession, his/her community, and to the understanding of the consultant’s role as an agent of positive change. The FEMC is dedicated to promoting the ethics, leadership, proficiency, and professionalism necessary for successful management consultants.
2) How do I apply?
Download the application here or fill out an electronic version here.
3) When is the deadline for submitting applications?
We will accept applications until midnight on January 22nd, 2016.
4) Who is eligible to apply?
Any student who is matriculated (or enrolled) in an undergraduate or graduate program, either in the U.S. or abroad. Students must be matriculated in an undergraduate or graduate program before the application deadline of January 22, 2016.
5) What is needed for a complete application?
The requirements are as follows:
- A completed application form
- Three essays: Any essays that do not meet our word count requirements will result in the application being disqualified.
- Recommendation letter(s) (a maximum of 2)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A verification of enrollment (a letter of acceptance is not sufficient)
- Transcripts from all secondary institutions
6) What document will satisfy the verification of enrollment requirement?
We require an official (signed and/or stamped) document from the graduate program. This can include an academic transcript, an I-20 form, a letter from a student affairs coordinator or academic adviser, or a document from the Registrar or Admissions Office that simply states that a student is matriculated in their graduate program.
7) How much is the scholarship prize and when will the winner(s) be announced?
The prize is a total of $5,000. The total prize may be awarded to one student, or may be divided among as many as three students, at the discretion of the judges. The winner(s) will be notified during the first week of May and will be announced during the AMCF's Annual Spotlight Awards Ceremony on May 19th.
if you have any additional questions.