IPM - Project Management Consultant
How to Place a Job Posting on this Page
Click here to view this job posting as a pdf
Do you have what it takes to be a Project Management Consultant?
Our Project Management Consultants work onsite in our clients’ environments to lead critical projects. It’s not easy. Are you up for the challenge?
We are headquartered in Chicago and also have offices in San Francisco, Boston, and St. Louis. We proudly serve the life sciences, consumer & industrial products, food & beverage, and healthcare industries.
Our project management consultants are our full-time employees. They are our most important asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest. They have experience in one or more of our industries, adapt quickly to new environments, and above all are strong LEADERS. Such distinction has enabled IPM to grow rapidly, earning us recognition for six consecutive years as one of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing private companies. We plan to continue to grow and seek exceptional talent to be part of our successful team.
In a recent survey our employees consistently agreed the following statements describe the working environment at IPM:
- I am proud to tell others I work here
- I feel good about the way we contribute to the community
- This is a friendly place to work
- People here are given a lot of responsibility
- Management shows appreciation for good work and extra effort
Learn more about Integrated Project Management and apply to become a Project Management Consultant on our website: www.ipmcinc.com.
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in the life sciences field, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical devices. We need a change agent who is passionate, has high energy, and is results-oriented with a creative and analytical mind. We look for folks with experience with advanced project management tools and processes. You should have the ability to manage critical situations.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate into client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization.
- Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
The Project Management Consultant will spend 80-100% of the time at the client facility. In order to satisfy this requirement, travel outside the local area may be required. To ensure appropriate support from your colleagues and the perpetuation of our special culture, our Consultants reside near one of our four offices.
The Project Management Consultant will also:
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
- Support project management team members to ensure success of projects while maintaining customer service focus.
The ideal candidate for this Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 8-20+ years of industry experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or medical device industries.
- 5+ years of project management experience related to one or more of IPM’s business offerings: product development and launch, business process optimization, technology transfer, regulatory submission and/or regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and/or alliance management projects.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications are a plus).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Interstate, intrastate, and international travel may be required.
- Average working hours between 40-50 per week.
- Field exposure to various manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or institutional environments.
- Full-time employment with a growing company whose management is committed to job stability
- Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
- Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- 401(k) matching
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Business development incentives
- Philanthropy driven culture
- Paid training and certification
- 100% promotion from within
- Quarterly social activities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation
Management Consulting Firms: List Openings
If you would like to place a job posting on our website, please refer to the pricing below and send the job description to
Member Job Posting rate: FREE
Non-member Job Posting rate: $250 for 90 days